Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Look for the "c" when buy a diamond

I had a friend who is a Jewellery designer and who always like to design diamond and other precious stone. And even when he is free he will always paint picture of diamond and others precious. His knowledge about diamonds was far very good. Whenever I am free I will visit him and have a cup of coffee and he will tell me the value of diamond and precious stone and what the stone good for and its beauty.

Last year I brought for my wife a diamond ring cost me over fifty thousand. I had to ask him to help me find the right diamonds which I am scared that I might get cheated. I leave him to choose for me but I told him it will not cost me more then sisty k. He did a good job and the diamond ring was worth buying.

Things that he taught me, when buying a diamond. To look for the four "c", The carats, the colours, the cuts and the clarity. Carat defines the size, The cut is a how the diamond maker angles cut the diamond, clarity of a diamond is how clear the diamond and lastly the colour which is not very important. Diamond which is colourless is better but it will cost you more. The last "c" which is not mention in the 4 "c" is the cerfiticated. The cerfiticated of the diamonds you buy and the cerfiticated of the diamond shop that the shop is genuine and is approved by the government.

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?